Dear i-fans, as you may be aware, Hanteo and Gaon are South Korea’s prominent music sale monitoring sites. However, sales will only be reflected in Hanteo, if the CD/album was bought from a Korean store/sites which provides data to Hanteo, and in Gaon charts, if the CDs are bought from accredited distributors.
In order for your purchase of Jaejoong’s album to count towards Hanteo and Gaon, you have to purchase the album from stores and sites that reports to Hanteo/Gaon. Although you are overseas, your purchases can still count! Listed below are Hanteo/ Gaon – friendly sites:
1) Synnara (most preferred – counts toward Hanteo and music show charts) – KRW14,000 (KRW 11,800 pre-order)
Refer to detailed INSTRUCTIONS on their site on how to purchase (In English): [ITEM LINK]
- Synnara offers two options for I-fans to purchase the CDs:
- Order through their site, payment via paypal. Overseas fans should click on the paypal button like the one capped below (Not yet available):
- Order via e-mail – Need to fill-in form below and e-mail to email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Name :
e-mail address :
Phone Number :
Shipping Address :
Item & Quantity : Item: M000309999 [ITEM LINK]
Note: If you plan to do a bulk purchase, Synnara provides discount for purchases of over 50 units, or orders more than KRW500,000 (LINK). However, you have to be mindful of customs regulations and duties in your country.
2) G-Market Synnara Minishop – Preferred [LINK] – KRW 14,900 (KRW 11,800 w/ coupon)
- Register to become a member of G-Market (english site). Registration page LINK.
- Remember to buy at G-Market Synnara, not just any G-market shop! Check if the link has this logo:
3) Yesasia – [LINK ] – USD 14.99 – USD 24.99
4) DVD Heaven – [LINK] – search for “Kim Jae Joong – Mini Album” – (USD 10.44 to USD 13.54)
5) KpopTown – [LINK] – USD 12.70
Note that the above list are only online sites for i-fans who can’t buy from Korean offline stores, and /or fans who cannot register in korean online sites due to restrictions (i.e. sites that require Korean SSN – i.e. Yes24 [LINK], Aladin [LINK]).
If you are purchasing albums in Korean offline stores, please also keep in mind that not all music stores report their sales to Hanteo. Only the major music stores, or the main branches of the major music stores, so before you purchase, please ask the stores first.